What Is Invisalign? Our Orthodontist in Jacksonville Explains!
Invisalign orthodontic treatment uses a series of virtually invisible, removable, and comfortable clear aligners that allow you to smile more during treatment as well as after. Invisalign clear aligners are made with 3D computer imaging technology and have been proven effective.
Is Invisalign Right For You? Consider These Benefits…
- Not only are the clear aligners virtually invisible, they are removable. That means you can eat and drink whatever you want while in treatment.
- Brushing and flossing is easy! Simply take out your Invisalign aligners and clean your teeth as usual. There’s no need to use floss threaders or to worry about food getting caught in braces.
- Invisalign aligners are also more comfortable than traditional metal braces, thanks to there being no metal or wires.
- Speaking of having no metal or wires, that also usually means you spend less time in your orthodontist’s office getting adjustments!
- Invisalign orthodontic treatment also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
How Does Invisalign Work?
With Invisalign, you wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. As you replace each clear aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move — little by little — until they have straightened to their final positions. You’ll visit our Jacksonville, FL, orthodontist about once every six weeks to ensure that your treatment with Invisalign is progressing as planned.
Treatment time with Invisalign averages nine to 15 months, and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30. Both will vary case by case.
Are All Invisalign Providers The Same? Here’s What Our Jacksonville, FL, Orthodontist Says…
Are all Invisalign providers the same? The answer to this is a combination of yes and no. Any Invisalign or Invisalign Teen provider you visit will be using the same Invisalign tools and technology, but experience and expertise can make a big difference in your final outcome.
Imagine it this way: You meet two different artists, a portrait painter and a sculptor. You give them both identical blocks of clay and ask them to mold the clay into the head of a smiling woman. Whose sculpture do you expect to be be better? Both artists spend their days working with aesthetics, but only one of them actually has the constant day-to-day, hands-on practice with the specific material of clay.
The same can be said for Invisalign. While all dentists and orthodontists do spend their days caring about your perfect smile, you want to make sure your Invisalign or Invisalign Teen provider is someone who specializes in and can even improve upon the setups provided by Invisalign’s lab. To ensure you’re receiving the best possible care, ask your provider how many Invisalign cases he or she treats on average each year.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our orthodontic office in Jacksonville, FL, would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics. Feel free to give us a call at 904.646.2844 or click here to schedule a complimentary exam and consultation with one of our 5-star-rated orthodontists.